Thursday 3 May 2018

Take Three Thursday: Clementine Cake

I am joining Mary Lou with her Take Three Thursday today. Last Thursday as you may recall I went to a talk by Mary Berry and bought a signed copy of her new book Classic. This week I tried out my first recipe from it. The Clementine cake was my choice as I wanted to make a birthday cake to share at Book club. One of our members has recently reached her 80th birthday. You can find this recipe online here.


This particular recipe require a couple of clementines to be soften by simmering in water so that you have some clementine pulp.


The majority is stirred into the cake mixture and then a tablespoon is reserved to go into the icing. The final result was delicious even if the icing wasn't quite as smooth as I could have hoped.


4 comments:

  1. Oh Maggie what a very yummy way to join in. I think your cake looks perfect. I must now go look for that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Mary-Lou said, it does look yummy. Did the birthday girl like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did indeed and we managed to suprise her. Her birthday was a week or so ago so she wasn't expecting it!

      Delete
  3. That looks great! A friend here made Clementine jam/marmalade and that was delicious too.

    ReplyDelete