Sunday 6 May 2018

Another Dish from the Cook Book

My friend Allyson who came to see Mary Berry told me she had tried a couple of recipes from her cook book bought on the night. One of these was One Tray Sausage Supper. This is basically a combination of roasted vegetables cooked with the sausages on top. She told me that she had a lot of trouble finding uncooked beetroot. I decided to omit this ingredient as all from the garden finished a while ago. I substituted it with butternut squash and parsnip.


I also have a surplus of cauliflower so I popped some of that in. Most of the vegetables apart from the onion, garlic and beetroot are parboiled for a few minutes before being coated in the hot oil in the roasting dish.
We are lucky to be able to get a good supply of chunky sausages made for us from lean pork belly. A friend makes them for us.


Once the sausages are well browned they are removed to another dish. Then some grated Parmesan cheese is sprinkled over the vegetables before they are finished off in the oven.

It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment