Saturday 10 March 2018

Girl Power

My post today is inspired by Nancy Merrill's  photo challenge to show the power of women. Thursday was International Women's Day and this coming Sunday will be Mothering Sunday in the Uk. The challenge is to post photos of the important women in your life.
Girl Power is big around here. All of the next generation on the farm are girls. In the coming weeks they will all be coming together to jointly care for the expectant ewes and to collectively see to lambing.


Our two girls also have their other cousin. More girl power! They recently spent some time together helping with the most important job of all of raising the next generation.


I am of course immensely proud of both my girls. Older daughter works long hours in all weathers in often unglamorous circumstances. She is a natural stock woman who cares for her livestock with care and concern.


Younger daughter is working hard at university and enjoying her choice.She is making the most of her student days. This is an interesting selfie she sent me recently!


Then of course I cannot forget my mum, myself and my sister on a recent excursion out together. Another interesting selfie!


3 comments:

  1. Your family is rocking out the girl power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great portraits! And lots to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful women you have in your life. Thanks for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete