Tuesday 14 November 2017

Checking Out the Walk

The other day older daughter and I went for a walk to explore the next walk with my walking group. It started in the village of Litton which is on the Eastern edge of the Mendips. The walk started with a steady climb up a bridle path. The going was rocky I places but nothing too arduous.


Followed by a short stretch of road.


We then had scenic views towards the Chew Valley Lake as we descended over fields.


We passed close to Eastwood Manor Farm which has ornate Victorian cattle sheds built in 1858 and were designed to resemble the Crystal Palace. I recall visiting this farm many years ago. It is not only has these remarkable buildings but is also a kind of private museum of vintage farm machinery.


The walk then took us back down to return alongside two small reservoirs which I shall show more of tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. I love your second photo with the promise of what may be found along the road.

    ReplyDelete