Monday 20 November 2017

A Glorious Start

I am usually up by about 6.30 in the morning which is quite late when compared to the farmer who is up and out by 5.30. People are often suprised that they need to start so early but that is when the hens wake up and start laying. He is back in for breakfast as I get up and then the day starts for me.
 Yesterday he popped his head back round the door to say that there was one of the best sunrises he had seen. Needless to say I trotted off down the garden equipped with my camera and phone but still in my dressing gown. He was quite right. The sky was certainly bright with colour.
 I started by taking a panoramic picture with my phone which actually gave a pretty good picture of the scene in front of me.


The colours came out pretty true to life. Those that I took on my camera are beautiful (well I think so anyway) but they are far more orange than the sky actually was.


The trees make a great silhouette.


Don't tell anyone but I had to walk on the garden to take this one.


I had two companions both wondering why their breakfast was delayed.


I had changed the ISO on my camera to take  Socks and Poppy. The picture I then took of the sky with this changed setting actually then gave a more realistic colour.


It was as well that I had gone straight out because within 15 minutes or so the colour was completely gone.




5 comments:

  1. Glorious is right! Stunning is another word for it. I often find my camera intensifies the colors of sunrise and sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it certainly pays to get up early. I only realised that I'd missed a spectacular sunrise when I saw all the photos on Facebook and Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo captures of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! How great to have a scout to tell you when it is worth getting up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an uplifting start to the day! I think your phone definitely came up trumps for this photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete