Tuesday 22 August 2017

The House at Nymans

Yesterday I took you on a walk around the gardens of Nymans. Today I will show you a little of the house.


You have probably already noticed that the house is mainly a ruin. The regency house was replaced in 1915 by a large Manor House in a Gothic/Tudor style. Unfortunately the majority of the house was destroyed by fire in 1947. It has remained as a ruin and a garden feature since this time.


Exotic plants grow in close proximity to the old walls.


The remains are certainly quite a feature.


There are many doorways to peep through.



Some leading to the more formal gardens.



Some of the house is still intact and can be visited. It is described as full of the the unexpected. I was sorry not to have time to explore it.


What I did see certainly encouraged me to consider a further visit. It deserves more exploring as does the rest of Sussex. 


I can see potential for a long weekend!


1 comment:

  1. The echeum are growing well in the shelter of the walls. Lots of lovely 'through the door/gate' photos - your signature shot now!

    ReplyDelete