Monday 22 May 2017

Memo, Mail, Me and Monday : Pea Sticks

Good morning on what is proving to be quite a sunny morning at the moment. A customer has just been in for 7 trays of eggs ( a lot of people buy them for their neighbours and friends!) and he assured me that the weather is set fair for the week. That's better than the forecast was predicting last week.
So it's a sunny wave to Sian and all the other Monday bloggers. It's rime to review what's been happening here over the weekend.
 The post has been more interesting than some weeks. I couldn't wait to post all about Monty's special delivery which you can read about here. There has also been a parcel arrived for a little boy who is going to be two next week. It's waiting to be dispatched and I couldn't possibly tell you what it is because you never know .....he might just read my blog!
So let's move onto what is new around here. It's been a lot of new planting this weekend. The sweet peas are in and in need of something to climb up so it was off in search of pea sticks. 


You can see that we soon had a good load up. 


I decided to walk back as it wasn't very far. This gave me a chance to photograph a patch of bluebells I had spotted on the way.


Then the view with the evening light across the fields.


I was not far behind to do gate duty.


The sticks are now in place and will look better when the sweet peas begin to grow.



Needless to say we didn't use all the sticks. A lot are destined for use for sweet peas and peas in the vegetable garden.
So wishing you all a sunny, productive and cheerful week ahead.

6 comments:

  1. I like the idea of using sticks for sweet pea support, makes the pot attractive even before the flowers. We have lots of downed branches in the yard from the wind & rain these last few days. I like your tree guards. Happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet peas but haven't had much luck growing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another one who loves sweet pea, but usually ends up admiring everyone else's success. I love that beautiful blue flower pot. It sits very nicely there.

    Wishing you a sunny week. The great heat we were promised for today never arrived, but tomorrow is a new day, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a field of bluebells - such a lovely 'spring is definitely here' feel about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll look forward to seeing the progress of your sweet peas. It's great how you have used your own supports. I like it! (Bit surprised when I saw the top photo!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of using sticks for sweet peas. Finding them here might be more of a challenge, but I love the way they look. Like Sian, I love the blue pot.

    ReplyDelete