Wednesday 31 May 2017

From Small to Large

I mentioned our B & Q bargain box of allium bulbs a week or so ago and showed a few pictures. Most of them have now flowered or are still flowering. There has been quite a selection, some of them are perhaps tricky to recognise as actually being alliums. I had some of these last year. These Allium Siculum are planted in a tub with some lavender behind.


These are planted with other bulbs in some grass around the old swing. The stem and leaves are so delicate they could almost be mistaken for grass.




Then a few more traditional looking alliums.






Then just one white head.


It will be interesting to see what reappears next year.



1 comment:

  1. This is why I like gardening so much - it's full of daily surprises. I am learning that there are SO many varieties of alliums & I have discovered I have at least 3 types. I like your nodding heads of Allium Siculum

    ReplyDelete