Saturday 27 May 2017

Cécile Brunner

The Cécile Brunner climbing rose has been a favourite of mine for many years. It was created in 1881 in France.


It is described by David Austin as vigorous which I would most certainly agree with.


We planted it to grow up the children's old swing and it is definitely doing a good job of that. It is also described as virtually thornless which if you happen to be ducking under it when mowing the lawn you definitely wouldn't agree with! 


Monty obligingly posed under it for me and then decided it was good place for a longer rest on such a hot day.



2 comments:

  1. my kind of rose - I hope it has a scent too. And of course delighted to see Monty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you have some late flowers from Mum's Cecile Brunner on the top of your wedding cake? I loved mine - it grew up the old cherry tree but had to be cut back when the tree came down! Yours is lovely, doing so well.

    ReplyDelete