Sunday 7 May 2017

A Purple Pleasure

I mentioned the other day that I had taken a few pictures in the woods as well as those I showed for 5 in 5. Here are a few more that I took.
This is on the path on the upper side of the woods as you walk in. It is the first taste of bluebells that you have.


You then emerge into a sea of white where the wild garlic is dominant. The smell of the garlic leaves is pungent as the leaves are crushed under foot.


It is the bottom part of the woods where the bluebells are thicker.


It is here as well where the sunshine streams in more that there is another little treat to find. You have to keep your eyes peeled to spot one.


The early purple orchid. Note the spots on the leaves. I found two on this occasion although I am sure there are more.


They vary in size and colour.



We are so lucky to have such little gems.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, Maggie, especially the quality of light in third one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - especially those precious little orchids.

    ReplyDelete