Tuesday 2 May 2017

A Local Day Out

The May bank holiday for us usually involves a local day out at the county show. This year was no exception.


It's a good day for a wander, a catch up with friends, a bit of shopping and some eating too! This year there was the usual variety of animals on show so here is a bit of a taster.
Somehow I rather like the pigs. They have such great expressions and remain less obliging than other animals as they are shuffled around with pig boards.


There was a good variety of cattle.


Then of course horses of all sizes. Little


And large.


I always like to stop for a bit of dog agility. The dogs are so happy doing it.


This year the weather was beautiful and warm until 4pm. Then the sky made a dramatic change.


It was definitely time to call into the NFU tent for our complimentary cream tea. The thunder storm raged outside and there were some inevitable quips about the likelihood of insurance cover for lightening strikes...



6 comments:

  1. Love the jumping dog! And the little horse. And the sky, and thunderstorms, and cream teas, especially free cream teas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to ask you for some tips - your action shot of the jumping dog is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen. I don't claim to be an expert but I usually set the camera to sports mode. I also sometimes use the picture multiple setting. When it's something like this dog I watch one go round to suss which jump is best and then focus on the jump before the dog arrives. I did have another where I caught the dog too soon!

      Delete
  3. I do like a country show and seeing all the animals spruced up and on display

    ReplyDelete
  4. We actually did have someone here last year who got hit by lightening at a school sports day. It made the news. That dark sky makes such a contrast to your first pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was just going through the pictures thinking that the weather looked much better than I had thought and then came to the thunderous sky! Looks as if you had a great day anyway xx

    ReplyDelete