Friday 12 May 2017

A Judas Tree Story and Other Flower Pictures

You may recall the other day that I showed some pictures of the beautiful Judas tree in the Churchyard at Frampton on Severn. It's proper name you may recall is Cercis Siiquastrum. My mum has one in her garden which last week was in flower.


There is a bit of a story behind this tree. She bought it some years ago at Westonbirt Arboretum along with another tree. She bought it believing it to be pink. When it flowered however it turned out to be white. It's still very beautiful.


While I had my camera out I went walk about to see what else I could find. This pretty flower grows over an archway by the drive. It has a powerful scent when you get out of the car.



There is still blossom out.


This wisteria reminds me of a house I pass on my way home. It has a wisteria that is totally out of control covering half the house and all of the roof. It is now in flower and looks amazing for that very short time while it is flowering. It is unfortunately not in an easy place to stop and photograph.


This deeply red rose is covered in buds and flowers.




A few more snippets.







2 comments:

  1. Roses already - wow. The last photo, very interesting plant, hydrangea or dogwood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should seriously think about turning some of your flower photos into postcards: I'd buy them!

    ReplyDelete