Friday 5 May 2017

5 in 5 : Down the Woods

I always enjoy taking part in Sandie's 5 in 5. I like the challenge of the limitations it puts on me by setting a timer for 5 minutes and then clicking away for 5 minutes. The tricky bit is then  to choose 5 of these to post. This month I took Monty for a walk into our woods. I in fact had two attempts at the 5 minutes. One at the wild garlic end of the wood and one at the bluebell end. I have chosen the latter. I am sure in the next few days you will see some of the others I took.
The bluebells are probably at their best at the moment and the scent in the late afternoon was beautiful.



You can see that the wild garlic is spread amongst the bluebells.


There are of course lots of other flowers too. Gardeners just love this one!


No prizes for who is hiding in this last one.



7 comments:

  1. Those woods..so lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a new-to-me bluebell wood the other day. Absolutely beautiful, but so many people had ignored the signs and had clearly been walking amongst them. Made it hard to get a really good photo. Oh, and I couldn't resist a few pics of dandelion clocks either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely Maggie. I always make sure I go and visit the bluebells, they hold special childhood memories and are always a joy to see. Sadly ours didn't have much scent, perhaps it varies according to the time of day. I know I have some garden plants where the scent is more strong at certain times. Your photos are lovely and I feel I could almost step into the woods. A lovely feeling :)
    Thank you for taking part this month and letting me know that I forgot to add the link. Done now! I'll pop back later and add your post if you haven't already done it.
    As always your post is one that leaves me with a smile, have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say I liked your add of a dandelion! Such beautiful flowers and a second joy when the seed heads appear. They are welcome in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely woods to walk through - envious that you have that so close for an afternoon outing & it looks like you had good company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first photo is just so lovely, and the close-ups are a perfect follow-up. What a great place to take a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lucky to have such a beautiful spot close at hand. Bluebells always remind me of the ones I lived beside when I was a very little girl. Happy times!

    ReplyDelete