Tuesday 7 March 2017

5 in 5 : Early Morning on Charles Bridge

I am two days late joining Sandie with her 5 in 5. The idea is that you take as many photos as you can in 5 minutes and then choose five. I have just returned from a weekend in Prague. Those of you that have visited this beautiful city will know that Charles Bridge is a very busy tourist attraction. We had already walked over it a couple of times but one morning we beat the crowds by visiting before breakfast.
I took my daughter's camera with me because it is smaller than mine and fitted more easily into my Easyjet hand luggage which was all we took with us. It is a Panasonic bridge camera and is certainly a nifty little camera that takes a very good picture. Unfortunately on this particular morning I had managed to knock the camera setting off automatic which gave the pictures an odd tinge. This is effective in some and I have edited some to black and white to give a better effect.

1. Looking over the side of the bridge onto a small side canal where there is a small waterwheel.


2. In the main river was a lone small boat. I guess possibly a fisherman.  


3. It is said that if you touch the bronze plaque of St John of Nepomuk you will one day return to Prague. I did not miss this opportunity for a possibility for the Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt. This could well be my entry for No. 15 Hands.


4. Whichever way you point your camera at the skyline there is a remarkable array of roof tops and turrets.


5. Then you enter into the Old Town through the Powder Gate arch.




5 comments:

  1. Another lovely tour of Prague. Let's hope that all hands to the hand plaque ensure a return visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for more photos of Prague!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! The hands & the rooftops are my favorites!

    I've just posted my 5in5 today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos Maggie. I have heard good things about Prague, perhaps I should think about a short break myself to visit. I love the skyline and hand photos, I hope you do return. Thank you for taking part this month, I really enjoyed this glimpse of Prague.

    ReplyDelete