Monday 13 February 2017

Memos, Mail, Me and Monday: What Postcard?

I am sending a little late wave to Sian and all the other Monday bloggers. I have not had a landline and consequently any internet since Wednesday. The young lad ( ok I concede that it's me getting older not the workmen getting younger) from BT came this morning and after two cups of coffee, a pile of sugar and a twix bar he had fixed it. I had a smile to myself when I finally got to retrieve my landline messages. I had several voice texts from BT telling me the engineer was on his way...
So post. What have I received this week? Sadly my only piece of post has been a letter from Tesco Clubcard with my most recent vouchers. The big question is do I save them towards a new IPad or do I change some to Red Spotted Hanky vouchers to help the student with her next rail ticket home? What do you think?
I got quite excited when I saw a pile of post arrive.


Only to discover that it was all for the daughter on a skiing holiday. A holiday? Well that must mean a postcard. The skiing daughter arrived home Saturday with postcard in hand. She is a farmer's daughter after all . Why would you spend money on posting it when you can bring it home for free?
Anyway there were some tasty gifts to go with the postcard so there was no complaining.


Sunday has been spent eating roast dinner at my brother's house, sitting by the fire, hearing holiday tales and looking at skiing photos. So pretty pleasant all round.


Have a good week everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back. We are fine thank you Maggie. My daughter and I were unhurt just very shaken by the experience. I get a bit anxious when I'm driving now, but I'm sure it will pass eventually.
    It looks like you had a wonderful time away. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great week too! I'm the wrong person to ask about the clubcard vouchers..I always cave in and hand things like that over to needy students.

    The messages from BT made me laugh. What were they thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post is so dull these days - although clubcard vouchers are not the worst! If I wasn't coming home at the end of the week I would send you a postcard - but maybe I could bring one... she took some great pics on her hols.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL tales of your BT & the landline fix. If you share the vouchers for a rail ticket home you win too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this made me smile, we have been having similar trouble with BT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree that helping the student with the ticket home seems to be a win-win!

    ReplyDelete