Tuesday 21 June 2016

Strawberry Moon

I took a walk around our fields as the longest day came to an end yesterday. In one direction the sun was setting with a beautiful sky.



Walking further round the fields I had the view of the sky in the other direction.


Then as I went a bit further a first glimpse of the Strawberry full moon.


It is only about every 70 years that a full moon coincides with the Summer Solstice. I won't attempt to calculate my age if I was to see another but my youngest will be 88. The moon was visible from the garden by the time I returned.


The strawberry refers to the beginning of the strawberry picking season in America apparently and does not actually refer to its amber colour. This next one is my best find so far for No. 13 of on the Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt. 







5 comments:

  1. I'll feel very fortunate if I get a photo of the moon as lovely as yours for the scavenger hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely images of a great moon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous images in both directions - too much cloud here for a sight of the moon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went looking for the moon last night and couldn't actually see it! These are great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh darn I wish I had known. It was a cloudless night as well. You got some great pics, and very arty cloud formations! This will be tough to beat.

    ReplyDelete