Saturday 12 March 2016

A Wander around a Churchyard

A Churchyard may seem an odd place for a walk. The other day I visited a friend for lunch. She lives in a local village and we went for a wander in the afternoon. We cut through the churchyard of Wrington Church.


Wrington is a village that I often visit and I have even been to a wedding in the church but I have never taken the time to look around the churchyard. 


We were rather amused by the roots on this tree. Rather reminiscent of Lord of the Rings.



There were quite a selection of memorials.


I rather liked this gravestone with a bird bath on the top! 









2 comments:

  1. That's the one for me! Unless I can have a cat basket of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a churchyard is a fascinating place for a walk. As you have proved!

    ReplyDelete