Tuesday 2 February 2016

A Link Up for the Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt

It has been great to see how everyone is progressing with their photos through Eileen's Link Up. I have explored quite a few of the items during January which you can find if you wander back through my posts.
Today I have chosen No. 15 Candlelight. It is common in many Churches and Cathedrals for one to be able to buy a candle to light in remembrance of loved ones. 


I apologise to those who are not keen on photography in a church but I feel comfortable in the discreet use of the camera without a flash. I took these when we visited York Minster back in December. The next picture seems very relevant for the end of January, a month where three truly talented and inspirational people have been lost to all of us. 


David Bowie whose single Jean Genie was one of my first music purchases. Alan Rickman who I will remember for his role as Professor Snape. Sir Terry Wogan who for people of my age has always just been part of British media.  Thinking of all their families.

3 comments:

  1. Nice picture and sentiment. January saw an unbelievable number of public losses, really it has made feel rather shaky. Have spent most of this evening listening back to R2 on iplayer to hear all the Wogan tributes broadcast today. And so soon after Stewpot, who I never knew as a DJ but felt familiar with through his charity work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, and yes we seem to have had so many shocking losses already in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I still need to capture candles. I don't mind photography in church, but there was a long discussion on my blog about it a few years ago.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete