Wednesday 16 December 2015

Pairs: York Landmarks

We made a very short visit to York last week. It is one of my favourite cities with such a huge amount of history mingled through the city. I have chosen a few characteristics of York for Helena's Pairs
Firstly inside and outside of the famous Rose window in the North Transept of York Minster.

                    

The North Transept was very badly damaged in 1984 by fire. The rose window survived but has since been completely restored. The window overlooks the labyrinth of narrow streets in the centre of York.

                                  

Secondly using the picture above and the next photo you have looking this way and that way or up and down the street.


Then last of all. The famous Betty's Tearooms and an ornate clock further on for looking down and looking up.


These Tearooms are a small branch with a larger one near by. Both had queues waiting for tables. This and the prices on the menu encouraged us to look elsewhere for lunch!


The clock I know little about but I thought it was rather spectacular.





6 comments:

  1. a lovely peek into the delights of York

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing photos of places I've never been. Think I'd like York a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super photos...I loved York when I visited it many years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo of the rose window from inside suggests so much space, so the contrast with the busy streets outside is brilliant.
    Love the other photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos. I haven't been to York since our family visit all those years ago when I think we stayed somewhere that had reputedly once been lived in by Guy Fawkes?

    ReplyDelete