Tuesday 6 October 2015

5 in 5 : People at Leisure

I am joining in a day late with Sandie's 5 in 5. We were not alone in visiting Stourhead on Sunday. A lot of people of all ages were making the most of the good weather. It was impossible to take photos with nobody in so I have chosen to show some of those people appreciating their environment.
1. My friend was annoyed at this girl for "getting in the way". Let's face it she was just as entitled as us to take her pics!


2. Reading the map helps you get around!


3. Plenty of space for that little moment together.


4. Plenty of grass to let off steam too!


5. This little chap's mum had a keen eye on him!






6 comments:

  1. great bits of people watching in amongst the lovely scenery

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comments, I fell in love with Winchester. You have beautiful scenery where you live too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comments, I fell in love with Winchester. You have beautiful scenery where you live too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos - I like the way the people add interest as to what is going on in the park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie I had to laugh when you said about your friend getting annoyed by the person taking a photo who 'got in the way'. As you say, she is fully entitled to be there and I too have a habit of expressing frustration when something spoils my viewpoint. I am known to move a bin or a board sometimes (I do replace it after!)
    I used to go to great effort to get photos without people if I am taking scenery or a view. Recently we looked through some old slides and I realised that in years to come my views have less meaning without people - especially if they are friends or family. So I am less worried now, and like the way you have included people in these shots. They add to the story and make it more. Thank you for taking part this month. An interesting post as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea for a "five". Very well observed: it's fascinating to see what different things people are getting out of their visit

    ReplyDelete