Friday 7 August 2015

Sparkle in my Flowers

I have grown from seed some Mesembryanthemum also known as Livingstone Daisies. I have grown them before but this year they struggled in the wet weather and a lot of them were consumed by slugs. The few that survived are mainly on the edge of pots but they are now looking beautiful.


They are wide open in the sun.


Then start to close up as soon as they are in the shade.


The variety I grew are called Sparkles Mix. Suttons Seeds describe them as dazzling daisy flowers with succulent leaves that appear to have sugar sprinkled on them!


6 comments:

  1. Pretty flowers. How tall are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a new kind of daisy for me. How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped to admire a load of these flowers in a garden near me a few weeks ago. So pretty that I had to stop and take some pics! Thanks for naming them. Do you know if they're perennials?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are described as a half hardy Annual. I have never had them survive the winter.

      Delete
  4. Pretty flowers. I like how seed catalogues describe plants/flowers, it would be a job that could be as much fun as naming nail polish.

    ReplyDelete