Sunday 30 August 2015

All Recipes Citrus

A few weeks ago I made a bit of an error on my internet grocery shop. I had thought I had ordered 5 single lemons only to find I had ordered 5 nets! A total of 25 lemons!


Time to get out the lemon recipes! It's surprising how many you can use. We have had lemon tart, lemon meringue pie,  lemon curd, lemon cake and of course slices of lemon in the Pimms with the cucumber and mint! 
Yesterday I had 5 left. Just enough to make some lemon curd and a lemon cake filled with lemon curd of course.


That's a birthday cake made for the hostess of our lunch out today!

5 comments:

  1. I think my invitation to partake in all these goodies must have got stuck in the BH post! :o)
    How hard is lemon curd to make? I have studied and rejected several recipes on the grounds that there's too much that could go wrong... However last weekend one of my friends brought a bottle of her mother's homemade limoncello along, and that went down pretty well. So well that I was thinking of investigating further!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't get your invite? Must have been all that Pimms that made me lose it! Lemon Curd is pretty easy but only make it in small batches because it has a short shelf life. Kate usually makes it for me but she was away when I made it yesterday. Will she approve when she gets back?

      Delete
    2. Looks yum - if she doesn't want it, just let me know!

      Delete
  2. Did someone say Pimms? I'm in! Lemon cake and sweet peas, lovely combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like the basis of a new TV game show ! a most inviting table in your photo

    ReplyDelete