Tuesday 28 July 2015

The Use of Coffee

 I passed Waitrose today whilst out shopping in Nailsea. I noticed a lady digging into a shiny bin and filling a bag. When I realised what she was doing I immediately thought of Ella from The Flowers of Progress. Ella had written a blog about the use of coffees granules as a fertiliser which you can read about by clicking here. I took a picture when the lady had finished. The notice is self explanatory.


It is the last line that made me laugh. 


Really?!
I asked the lady what she uses it for. The reply was as a fertiliser and to keep cats off!
While on the subject of coffee it seems like a good time to show the lovely coffee beans that Emma brought back from Tanzania where she visited a coffee plantation. It smells delicious I just need to borrow a coffee grinder!







2 comments:

  1. Hooray! My colleague told me that she saw a similar "dustbin" outside her Waitrose (but it was empty...)
    Thanks heaps for your interest in this! I didn't get anywhere with instructions as to how to apply, so I went ahead and sprinkled a little round the rhubarb, one courgette and one pumpkin. Let's see how that works for a bit! Meanwhile I tipped the rest in the compost bin where it has quickly developed a strange pink and white fur coat! (Oh, and as to deterring slugs - I found one nestled under the rhubarb yesterday. Hrrmph!
    Hope Emma had a wonderful, fulfilling time on her travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good scheme - the lovely shiny bin shows that it hasn't been going for long! Starbucks also advertise that you can ask for coffee grounds. It is a win for the coffee shops I guess if anyone is prepared to take the grounds away as they must produce tons in a week!

    ReplyDelete