Wednesday 29 July 2015

Pairs ZIZO on the Pool

I am joining in Helena's Pairs and I too have reverted to ZIZO this week. We visited a superb organic garden last week belonging to the Yeo Valley farming family. Should you like to see more of my pictures taken there then click here
We were fascinated by one of the pools which lined in black gave a remarkable mirror pool. The water was clear of any debris and presumably filtered. It was difficult to judge it's depth because of the ink black.


It gave a perfect reflection of the surrounding garden but to get the full benefit of the whole effect you really had to step back or zoom out.


And then step back again to give a reflection of the grass garden through the gap the surrounding bronze garden and see the Mendip Hills behind.



Then as this is supposed to be pairs a zoom back in to the little figure fishing near the edge.


So I am giving you real value for money today. Two sets of pairs on one post : a mini ZIZO and a bigger ZIZO!



12 comments:

  1. amazing images and such attention to detail by the people who created the whole scene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a beautiful place. You have definitely given us our money's worth today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos..and what a beautiful setting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the shot that includes the Mendip Hills. An interesting statue and the black of the pool is quite dramatic in its reflecting qualities. Reminded me of a gateway to the underworld.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, like seeing the Mendips. The pond is pretty clever - I have always wondered about light and wind for reflections but never really thought about blackening the water! Works a treat (and cheaper than silver..)

    PS. Went to Costa again today (different branch), but was told to come back when the manager was there! Meanwhile the grounds in the compost seem to be attracting lots of little moths. I think I'm missing something :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful!! Nice to see it in both the closeup and more distant views.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look a bit hypnotic..I have a horrible feeling history might repeat itself with and I'd lean too far and fall in, as I did many years ago at a family party...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool pairing - pretty surroundings, I'm not surprised they want to borrow the view.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful setting with the hills behind. I like the reflection of the figure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful garden and water sculpture. The reflections are wonderful and I love the different view points.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are stunning images! I can't decide which perspective I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great reflections, not sure if I like the 'black water' or not!

    ReplyDelete