Monday 20 July 2015

Close Up on Butterflies

The butterflies are now all around the farm particularly in areas of long grass and flowers. The best place to see them by far is around the old quarry which is now a conservation area. A visit to the area on a sunny day is a sure guarantee of seeing lots of butterflies and moths. I have on different walks managed to get a few different pictures such as these of the Burnet moth. I think they are Six-Spot Burnet but am happy to be corrected.



Then the Comma butterfly.

                   



The Meadow Brown


                  



                                   

Then finally the Marbled White.




I was tempted to save this one for Pairs but have others up my sleeve for that!









3 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos. I am envious of the photo opportunities in your quarry and wish it was in my back garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! My favourite is the Comma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous photos and what a treat to see them all - some I have never seen before

    ReplyDelete