Sunday 8 March 2015

The First Match

Younger daughter has been playing girls rugby this year at school. Today they had their first fixture. I realised that having two daughters I am not over familiar with the rules of rugby. I would imagine the last time I watched a game was when I was at college! I certainly have never watched girls rugby. The girls were up against tough opposition but played with spirit.



I am not show here the elegant girl from Friday evening was!


Alas they did not win.


4 comments:

  1. James & I are impressed that she is embracing the spirit of the game. Who had to wash the kit afterwards? Did you find any earth worms in the pockets of the shorts as has been known to happen when James plays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She certainly seems to be putting the effort in so bad luck that they did not win. Quite a contrast to the girl in the ball gown (perhaps best the rugby was after not before?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! Because of course we're on a Girls Rugby kick here too (see what I did there lol) Our girls are keeping their fingers crossed because the boys team is out of the big annual Cup here, but the girls are still in for their version..

    ReplyDelete