Sunday 22 March 2015

Malt Loaf

I always think it is nice when making recipies to remember the person who gave you the recipe. When I was working as a children's nurse it was not unusual for someone to bring in a cake or biscuits that they had made for the coffee and tea break. One of the auxiliary nurses who I worked with for many years often brought in malt loaf. It was a great favourite. Believe me it tastes nothing like those rubbery bought ones (or "boughten" as people round here would say). It is simple to make and freezes well.


You don't have to be a good cook to make this.

Malt Loaf
1 mug of "All Bran"
1 mug of mixed dried fruit
3/4 mug of sugar
1 mug of milk.
Put the above ingredients into a bowl. Mix well and leave for an hour.
Then add
1 mug SR flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp mixed spice
Mix together and put into a greased loaf tin.
Bake for 1 to 1 and 1/4 hours at 180 C. 







4 comments:

  1. Nice light Colour and presumably good for you with all that All Bran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks yummy, must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely one to try (though I rather like the "boughten" one as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this recipe, I'll definitely be giving it a go, although I shall use soya milk - for my vegan son - I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete