Friday 13 March 2015

A Collection: Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt No. 16

I have debated with myself for sometime what collection I should photograph for the Scavenger Hunt. I have a collection of old family photographs. These albums belonged to my Great Auntie Jess. I had the idea of showing some of her early pictures. When I opened the box I was sidetracked when I found this.


Her Autograph book. I have off course seen it before and was fascinated by the intricacy of a lot of the entries. So here we have a collection of Autographs. Don't expect anyone famous. These are written by her family and friends. Some date back to 1908 so I could double them up as no 5. Something over 100 years old! Which pages should I choose? There were so many fascinating ones that I couldn't choose!
She would have been about 12 when a lot of them were written. A lot of the rhymes follow a similar theme of love and friendship.



I love this next one!



Then the anonymous author!



And her younger sister.


Some of the drawings are very intricate.


This next one was done by her older sister who was my grandma.


This I think was her father. What tune is this musicians?






Then after many years there are entries by two generations on by her great nieces. There is not one by me!




These are but a few and then the final page.




















7 comments:

  1. That is lovely! I don't think I have seen it - or maybe not since I wrote my name in it! I'd love to see it again when I am home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little drawings. What a treasure. I have about five left to find; not sure I will get them all in the next week.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The musician's dinner - the notes spell out the words BEEF CABBAGE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eileen I knew I could depend on you! Should have been able to work it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, what a fabulous keepsake. x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is just wonderful. I'm sure it's the nicest thing I'm going to see on a blog today. What a treasure..what gifted artists there have been in your family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Sian has my thoughts exactly! A wonderful wonderful treasure.

    ReplyDelete