Tuesday 30 December 2014

Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt Link Up

Today I am linking up with Eileen and Joy  for their December link to the Scavenger hunt. I thought today I would add in No. 13 A Stained Glass Window. I took these photos whilst in Bath shopping. I visit this particular church  St Michaels every Christmas to buy charity Christmas cards and indeed often some gifts. It is a lovely church to visit and also has a cafe which is a great place to stop for a coffee for a few moments of tranquility in this busy city.



My all time favourite windows are however the Burne Jones windows in the Epiphany Chapel in Winchester Cathedral. I think alas that it is unlikely that I will have a trip to Winchester before the end of March when the photo hunt finishes.
I have already blogged several items including No. 1 A Reflection in Water that can be seen here, No. 2 A person in a Funny hat seen here , No. 9 Festive Lights which I featured in The Reluctant Shopper, No.12 a Silhouette was blogged yesterday and finally on Christmas Eve I incorporated No. 20 a Nativity in a ZIZO here. A further nativity was that at the German Market in Bristol which towered over and rotated in the centre of Broadmead. 



The Nativity figures rotated round inside.



Then lastly is a picture of another home made stable made by my brother in law for his own children which is always on show in their home at Christmas.







2 comments:

  1. amazing rotating nativity but your brother in laws simple structure feels to me like the perfect setting for the story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your BIL home made nativity. It's one of the nicest I've seen.

    Thanks for joining in with the scavenger hunt.

    ReplyDelete