Wednesday 1 October 2014

Secret hen ZIZO

My older daughter called me out to see something in the garden around the front yard. I thought this was an ideal subject for joining in with Helena's ZIZO. We have a considerable number of ( 32 thousand) free range hens so it is inevitable that the odd one ends up "off piste". This hen was quietly nesting in the flower border outside their fenced area.


She had obviously made herself a bit of a nest and was not too pleased to see us!


She had 3 eggs in front of her.


We carefully lifted the grumpy lady off and.......


Plenty of brown eggs!


She was even more grumpy when we put her back. 


I wonder why.....


We can't sell these so guess what we had for tea? 









4 comments:

  1. Amazing! 32,000 hens! I can't quite comprehend that number, but the eggs are beautiful and remind me of my grandfather who raised chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 32,000 chickens!!!
    Pretty photos of a pretty chicken....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew one hen laid that many eggs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hen lays a maximum of one egg a day Helena. This hen must have been sneaking in there for some time!

      Delete