Tuesday 28 October 2014

Field Mushrooms

My brother in law brought me in some field mushrooms this morning. 


They were well timed as I was able to pop some in the cottage pie I was making for lunch. We had a visitor for lunch. A friend that I had not seen for we think 25 years having done our nurse training together some 30 odd years ago. I might add that she lives in Australia which explains the number of years!


However there were still a lot of mushrooms left.


So it was time to search for a recipie for supper to have with a delicious loaf of olive bread that my friend had given me. The result.... Creamy garlic mushrooms


Easy and quick to make and delicious!
  • Ingredients
  • 2 tsp vegetable oil
  • 500g pack mushrooms, halved
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • ½ x 300g tub garlic & herb soft cheese
  • 150ml hot vegetable stock

Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then tip in the mushrooms and garlic and cook for 3 mins. Stir in the soft cheese and the stock and simmer for 2 mins. Top with  a grinding of black pepper.

I only had a plain soft cheese so I added some herbes de provence. I guess if you wanted to reduce the calories you could use low fat soft cheese.






1 comment:

  1. The garlic mushrooms look delicious. I'm going to pin this recipe. Thank you

    ReplyDelete