Wednesday 17 September 2014

Belladonna Lily ZIZO

When we were away at the weekend we saw a lot of these beautiful lilies. Belladonna Lilies are correctly called Amaryllis Belladonna. I photographed these at Greenway that I featured in my Saturday Blog.



When I spotted some of these lilies in my mum's garden they seemed an ideal subject for my ZIZO in week 38 of Helena's ZIZO.
Mum's garden is a picture of colour at the moment.


My eyes though were drawn to these lilies which did not even put in appearance in her garden last year. She referred to them as Naked Lady Lilies which is quite appropriate with their lack of foliage.



I could not resist some closer pictures.




We then decided to pick one to bring into the house. An opportunity for some more pictures!



We were quite suprised and amused when sitting in the kitchen with this beautiful flower in a vase in front of us to hear a sudden pop and to see the last flower open! Sorry no action shocks of it happening!








6 comments:

  1. beautiful near and far and I love what you Mum calls them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You clearly have a longer growing season than we do. My garden is just about at the end; only a dahlia and some black-eyed Susans are left. I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - amazing shots. Too bad you couldn't get an action shot of the flower opening. It is a gorgeous photo - almost like a watercolor painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow- naked ladies is so appropriate. I have NEVER seen anything like these before...I wonder if the stem compensates somehow for the lack of leaves....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours and markings - fun to hear a pop and discover a last open flower.

    ReplyDelete