Sunday 11 May 2014

Farm Duties

Kate has been away for the weekend so Emma has been in charge of the animals. As well as revising for her exams she has fed and checked the sheep, pet lambs and Kate's calves. I went with her to check the sheep as chief gate opener.


Being driven around the fields by a nearly 16 year old has its moments!



It was then time to see to the calves.


She blends in well!


Both the girls are very fond of the calves



Kate takes her enterprise very seriously. She frequently calculates her costs and predicts her possible profit in good farmer style.
The recent blog by Farmer David Barton depicts graphically the ups and downs of cattle farming in the face of TB. Emma and I were both moved by his video but is not for the faint hearted. It certainly brings home the reality of farming. Fingers crossed for Kate's forthcoming routine TB test.










1 comment:

  1. I saw the blog on Facebook and it made my cry - I didn't even watch the video!

    ReplyDelete